This is our Frequently Asked Questions page. We have listed the topics on this page below for ease of navigation. Please use these links to help you access the points you are interested in.
If you do not see the point you are looking for, we have some interesting fact sheets available, on many topics, on our Factsheets page. You may also find your answer on our Topical Points page. If you need more technical information on tax rates, please refer to our Tax Rates pages.
- Can you recommend a good accounting package for my computer
- How can I ensure that my business will survive if I am not there to run it
- How can I stop working such long hours
- I want to set up in business - must it be a limited company
- My business is in profit but where did all the cash go
- What are the deadlines for reporting to Companies House
- How much money can I give my children without paying Inheritance Tax
- I have my own business and pay tax at 40%. Can I make my wife a partner and give her a share of the profits
- In my spare time, as a hobby, I make models and then sell them. Do I have to pay tax
- Is the VAT Flat Rate Scheme for Small Businesses worthwhile
- Should I register for VAT
- We live in the UK and are buying a holiday home abroad. If we charge friends a modest fee to use it, do we have to pay tax on the income